Posted by Schneider Electric (booth # 2457)
Summary of Innovation
Altivar 320 has a number of out-of-the-box features for building more effective machines at optimized build costs, including:
• Simplified installation thanks to the availability of two form factors, compact and book, that allow efficient space usage in various cabinet layouts despite mechanical constraints.
• Advanced connectivity via many networks that are based on Ethernet (Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, EtherCAT) or serial (Modbus RTU, CANopen, Profibus DP, DeviceNet).
IMPROVED MACHINE PERFORMANCE
• Reliable motor control for asynchronous and synchronous motors, delivering leading-edge performance with simple, plug-and-play commissioning.
EXTENDED MACHINE AVAILABILITY
• Continuous machine operation as a result of robust design. Printed circuit boards are class 3C3 coated in accordance with IEC 61721-3-3 to protect against corrosion in harsh environments. The drive maintains a thermal state allowing uninterrupted operation with ambient temperatures up to 60°C.
OPTIMAL MACHINE SAFETY
• Comprehensive embedded safety solutions for simple application requirements, from Safe Torque Off (SIL3) to full monitoring functionalities (SS1, SLS, SMS, GDL), comply with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and simplify certification. Fewer additional devices are needed to manage machine safety and repeated sequential movements, as both are managed internally within the drive reducing cost for the customer.
The Altivar 320 variable speed drives, available in both compact and book form factors, conform to modular design standards that allow for easy selection, fast commissioning, and reduced installation time. In addition to being PLCopen-compliant, the range is compatible with the tested, validated, and documented architectures (TVDAs) provided by Schneider Electric's MachineStruxure solutions to reduce design and engineering time.
The Altivar 320, part of the new Altivar Machine range, is a powerful combination of safety, reliability, and simplicity which makes it a versatile choice that reduces costs both during installation as well as throughout the machine's life cycle; applicable to Material Handling systems, Automatic Conveyor systems, AS/RS, Robotics, AGVs, Pick N Place.
||Best New Innovation
« Back to Innovation Awards