Posted by Retrotech (booth # 2447)
TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Operations
DEPARTMENT: Project Management
Under the direction of the Director of Project Operations, is responsible for managing projects for the automated material handling lines of Retrotech. Coordinates project teams to deliver on scope, on time, and within budget. Anticipates and resolves problems in project specifications and deliverables, including scheduling, and installation.
Position location for this role can be either Rochester, NY or Chicago, IL.
• Oversees various projects of significant magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, internal and external staffing, and equipment including software and hardware
• Provides direction to project team including assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions
• Manages a project within the triple constraints of scope, schedule, and budget
• Creates a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) disseminating project scope with acceptance criteria
• Identifies and manages project risks with actionable mitigation strategies
• Analyzes project profitability (gross margin, and gross margin dollars per effort hour), forecasts appropriate monthly costs for revenue recognition, and ensures timely and accurate invoicing
• Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to specific projects.
• Must have knowledge of the constraints and methods for defining and demonstrating equipment, subsystem, and system performance criteria.
• Ability to develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, installation, and integration schedule activities as well as explicit and implicate out-of-scope milestones by others (i.e. owners and general contractors) impacting project execution
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide Project Management Practices and Solution Development Leadership to the Pre-Sales efforts in accordance with pre-sales processes
• Applies base principles of systems engineering in the project execution efforts and in pre-sales solution development efforts which includes:
• Develop and validate the customer’s business case.
• Evaluates system function and performance
• Architect the solution in a collaborative manner.
• Develops proposal, estimate, high level schedule
• Conducts customer contact and development of work scope.
• Visits work sites and perform technical evaluation for proposal development.
• BS Degree in Business or Engineering
• 5-7 year’s experience in material handling industry or IT service industry
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Strong Project Management background
• Team leadership and facilitation skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and MS Projects
• Ability to travel 15% to 20% of the time
• PMP Certification
Retrotech, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Retrotech, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
||Donata C. Sands, PHR
||1275 John Street
||United States of America
« Back to Careers