Sr. Controls Engineer
Posted by Retrotech (booth # 2447)
TITLE: Senior Controls Engineer
REPORTS TO: Controls Manager
DEPARTMENT: PLC Software
RETROTECH, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in automated warehouse modernization and implementation. The job of Senior Controls Engineer is developing and supporting equipment designs and programming on individual project work scopes. Customer sites for this work scope are all across North America.
This position location can be either Chicago, IL or Grand Rapids, MI.
The Senior Controls Engineer reports to the Electrical Controls Supervisor in Rochester, New York. The Senior Controls Engineer will also participate as a member of project teams. As a project team member, the Senior Controls Engineer will report to project leadership for the status of design, schedule, budget, and quality of projects the engineer is the assigned resource.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Robotics and/or equivalent experience and training.
• 7 + years designing and commissioning of automated material handling systems, including electrical design, PLC, HMI, drive and motion controls.
• Proficient in Rockwell Software-based PLC programming languages with the RSLogix software.
• Proficient in HMI design using Wonderware InTouch and FactoryTalk View HMI packages.
• Experience with AC and DC drive systems.
• Experience with PLC control networks, such as Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, and DF1.
• Ability to travel throughout North America to support project design and installations (~25-30% travel).
• Ability to operate in a team environment and communicate clearly to the intended audience.
• Possess the knowledge and experience to recognize when problems surface or are looming, and proactively bring the correct people together to solve these problems.
• Represent the interests of Retrotech when dealing with customers and vendors.
• Ability to safely climb ladders, work at heights and navigate narrow catwalks.
SOFTWARE APPLICATION KNOWLEDGE:
• Design/Drafting software - AutoCad w/ Electrical package
• Desk top software- Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects and Outlook
• Operating Systems- Windows NT, XP, Windows 7
• Rockwell Programming Software
• Modicon PLCs, HMIs, and related equipment.
• Experience with storage and retrieval machines, conveyors, vertical lifts, transfer cars.
• Legacy control networks such as Remote I/O and DH+.
• Siemens PLCs, HMIs, and related equipment.
• Servo Motion control.
• Research and develop electrical designs within the boundaries of the project work scope, schedule and budget.
• Follow industry, company and department standards and keep current as necessary.
• Complete design efforts with appropriate and accurate design calculations and supporting information.
• Produce and complete designs using AutoCad and AutoCAD Electrical.
• Produce and complete material lists and component specifications for purchasing.
• Develop functional requirements documentation and designs for PLC software and user interfaces.
• PLC, HMI, and drive system programing, including ancillary hardware such as barcode scanners, scales, etc.
• Work in conjunction with other company departments and the customer when completing designs. Other departments will include sales, software engineering, manufacturing, and field installation.
• Provide timely updates to project management and supervisor for progress against scope, schedule and budget.
• Travel to customer sites for engineering evaluations and inspections. Produce reports and recommendations based on these evaluations and inspections.
• Assist in installation, testing, and de-bug of electrical components, machine startups, and commissioning.
• Produce documentation for design basis based on project work scope.
• Produce documentation for equipment operation, maintenance, vendor equipment, and training based on project requirements.
• Direct efforts of drafting and co-op staff as required.
• Other special duties as directed by the Director of Engineering.
Retrotech, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Retrotech, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
||Donata C. Sands, PHR
||1275 John Street, Suite 400
||United States of America
« Back to Careers