Customer Service Technician
Posted by Retrotech (booth # 2447)
TITLE: Customer Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
DEPT: Customer Service/Sales
Retrotech is a recognized leader in Distribution Center and Warehouse Automation. The job of Customer Service Technician is to execute and support installations of material handling systems at customer sites throughout North America.
The position location for this position can be our Rochester, NY, Naperville, IL or Grand Rapids, MI offices.
The Customer Service Technician reports to and is supported by the Service Manager.
• Technical or vocational degree (electrical, electromechanical) or 5 plus years’ experience in an industrial environment.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Proven mechanical aptitude demonstrated with work experience.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings.
• Good problem-solving skills and analytical troubleshooting skills
• Represent the interests of Retrotech when dealing with customers and vendors.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to operate in a team environment and communicate clearly to the intended audience.
• Willing to travel up to 75% of the time throughout North America. Some of this travel will include short notice of needed departures (24 hours or less)
• Must be available to work night shifts as dictated by customer equipment availability.
• Must be able to work in an elevated environment to heights of 100’.
• Possess or have ability to obtain government security clearance.
Support of CS project work:
• Training the customer in operations and maintenance of their equipment
• Test/debug components
• Support the Manufacturing/Installation Department
• Mechanical assembly
• Panel building
• Electrical assembly
• Preparing shipment to project sites
Perform preventive maintenance on a wider range of automated equipment:
• Record detailed PM information for post trip report.
• Complete PM reports with the information gathered
• Inspect and install mechanical/electrical components
• Assess equipment condition to make educated decision to replace or repair parts
Emergency Service Calls:
• Travel to job sites on short notice to trouble shoot and repair
• Have a “can do” attitude to be relentless in finding root cause problem for completing the repair.
• Communicate with engineering, systems analysts and Customer Service personal as needed for resolution of difficult repairs.
• Complete the post trip report and hour logging for accurate customer billing
SOFTWARE APPLICATION KNOWLEDGE:
Microsoft Office - Word, Excel
Retrotech, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Retrotech, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
||Donata C. Sands, PHR
||1275 John Street, Suite 400
||United States of America
« Back to Careers